With One Voice has partnered with Edinburgh University to create a Review of Arts and Homelessness in Scotland. PhD student Shelly Coyne, on secondment at With One Voice, is working with a group of co-researchers with lived experience of homelessness to carry out the review, which will map the sector, establish needs, challenges and opportunities and how With One Voice can help the sector to flourish.
Information will be collected through one-to-one interviews, an online survey and a consultation event held in conjunction with Creative Scotland, Edinburgh University and Scottish Government in autumn 2017. The review will be completed in October 2017 and there will be a second event in 2018 to disseminate the findings of the review and to decide ‘what next?’ as a sector. This work will also feed into our global review of Cultural Spaces and Homelessness Strategy, which seeks to enable arts venues, museums, galleries and libraries to share practice and to create a toolkit for working with homeless people.
Timeline for Scotland Arts and Homelessness Review:
• Spring 2017 – initial desk research into arts and homelessness sector in Scotland
• June – on-line survey circulated to sector and stakeholders (click here to take part)
• September – consultation event in partnership with Edinburgh University and Creative Scotland to publish early findings and to gather the existing sector for further consultation
• October – Review completed
• Early 2018 – a second event to disseminate the review and discuss recommendations/‘what next?’